WHAT IS CONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE (CI)?
Converged infrastructure (CI) combines compute, storage and networking as pre-tested and validated turnkey offerings. CI allows organizations to pool resources in centralized platforms eliminating expensive 1:1 business application silo’s. This coupled with convergence of administrative skill sets and management efficiencies makes CI a key driver for customer adoption.
CI was established due to the market requiring infrastructure that was pre-built, pre-tested and provided predictable results, ultimately providing an infrastructure that does “exactly what is says on the tin”. With an infrastructure where both software and hardware are shipped fully integrated risk is eliminated and costs are predictable. Asystec work with Dell EMC, VMware, and Cisco to bring the very best converged infrastructure solutions to the market.
DO YOU NEED CONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE?
As the demands on computing environments are increasing exponentially both in terms of compute power, storage capabilities and overall performance. A modern infrastructure needs to provide an abstraction layer that is living, meaning the layer can expand linearly for performance and laterally for growth. Traditionally we have seen this type of growth underpinned by a mix of various products and solutions – from SANs to purpose-built appliances, webs of cabling, overlapping system tools, and more. These siloed servers operating on their own within an infrastructure create an explosion of infrastructure needs and an intricate maze of maintenance that creates real inefficiencies.
WHY CONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE
- Fast Deployment – Converged infrastructures come complete with all of the pre-packaged components needed to operate an infrastructure – from networking to cabling, virtualised storage, and beyond. These various pieces are all pre-configured by certified experts allowing for a much more seamless system deployment.
- Reduced Deployment Risk – Parallel to a streamlined deployment, converged infrastructures also help companies reduce the risks and unexpected costs associated with deployments.
- Maintenance and Support – A tested and validated design offers assurance when it comes to performance power and longevity. You also gain access to continued support, including coding updates, software patches, and even new software versions.
- Simplified Management – One system allows for a single point of management for your entire infrastructure. Also, one vendor eliminates the many complex support contracts and one supplier can address any concerns that arise in a more timely manner.
- Scale With Ease – Ability to scale up or down to match organizational requirements with no major planning or configurations required.
HOW ASYSTEC CAN HELP
Asystec take pride in the fact that we are always at the leading edge of infrastructure solutions and select technologies based on the belief that they are the best solutions for our customers. CI is one of the leading technologies that combines Asystec’s skillsets across virtualization, compute, storage and networking. We hold certifications across Dell EMC, Cisco and VMware Storage, Compute and Networking platforms. Our professional services engineering team has extensive experience in designing, implementing and operationalising converged solutions that fit your requirements.
DELL EMC VXBLOCK
Dell EMC offers the industry’s broadest converged infrastructure solution portfolio. The VxBlock System 1000 is the next generation of converged infrastructure, specifically designed to deliver greater business agility, improved Datacentre efficiency and better operational simplicity; one system that offers unprecedented choice to meet all your workload requirements.
Cisco’s unified computing system is ready to power your Datacentre in the Internet of everything.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Read our blogs, case studies and whitepapers to learn more about Asystec’s Converged Infrastructure experience and expertise. You can also read more about the product offering on our partners web pages:
If you want to simplify IT infrastructure with an all-in-one converged system, contact Asystec today.