Company Name: Confidential
Number of Employees: 400+
Key Vendor(s): Dell Technologies, Brocade, Microsoft
Customer was engaged in Tech refresh of their tier 1 storage Platforms in both Ireland and the US. They also had several ongoing production issues which were difficult to diagnose.
- Asystec with Dell assistance carried out a comprehensive sizing exercise taking legacy workloads as well as future projected growth into account to propose a solution.
- Asystec also qualified the Migration effort as well as delivered on-site specialist services to fully migrate the customer to the new storage platform.
What Did We Do?
Asystec provided technical resources, analysis and delivery of the solution, including:
- Fully size and qualify new platform
- Fully qualify migration approach and outline required effort
- Carried out full assessment of Compute, as well as SAN environment
- Remediation of SAN and Compute environments based on output from assessment
- Once migration readiness achieved, planned migration
- Onsite delivery of migration
Dell EMC VMAX 950 AFA
- Consolidation of legacy workloads onto modernized platform resulting in easier management and improved reporting capabilities
- Hugely improved performance and reliability of application based on remediation work carried out prior to migration
- Time savings due to reduced complexity of new environment and elimination of several performance bottlenecks, thus reducing troubleshooting man-hours
If you would like to know more about the above project or any other Asystec projects please feel free to reach out to our team on firstname.lastname@example.org